Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs are a simple and tasty recipe perfect for summer grilling. This is a quick and easy way to grill your protein and veggies at once. Plus, they’re also low-carb, paleo and ketogenic friendly. These fun and colorful kabobs are perfect to get your kids to eat more veggies! They grill up in just a few minutes so they are perfect for any night of the week. This is a delicious appetizer or entrée to share with your friends and family.
- Olive oil for the grill
- 1 lb about 24 raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail off
- 2-3 bell peppers a mix of colors – red, yellow, green or orange cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1 1/2″)
- 8 oz of green or yellow squash
- 1 red onion cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1 1/2″)
- 8 oz of large mushrooms cut in ½, optional
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- Metal or wooden skewers
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Using a brush, clean the grill and grease with oil using a long pair of tongs with some folded paper towels dipped in some olive oil.
- Thread the shrimp, peppers and onions onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning and splintering.
- Season shrimp and vegetables with salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika if using.
- In a small bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and parsley together. Brush sauce on both sides of shrimp, reserving some for later.
- Grill skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp is opaque and vegetables are tender or starting to brown just slightly.
- Brush remaining lemon sauce over the shrimp and allow to cook for 10 more seconds. Remove from heat and serve immediately.