As Long Island officially began Phase One of reopening yesterday, we would like to take this time to review some of the policies and procedures we have implemented since March for infection control. We will continue these efforts to ensure the safety of every patient and staff member during their physical therapy treatments.
- Symptom checking
- All patients and staff wear masks
- Masks provided if patient does not have one
- Patients to wash hands/use hand sanitizer before treatment
- When in waiting room patients to sit in chairs 6 feet apart or greater
- Schedule supports adequate spacing of patients in clinic, limits number of people in facility to <10
Clinic Cleaning Process:
- During Treatment
- Use of appropriate cleaning agents to disinfect tables and any equipment handled by patient
- Pillow cases changed between each patient
- Facility Routine Cleaning
- All tables, chairs, and equipment to be disinfected between patients and at the end of the shift
- Commonly touched surfaces including sign in desk, keyboards, door handles to be disinfected at the end of the shift
Hand Washing Policy:
- Patients to wash hands before and after treatment
- Staff to wash hands at beginning and end of shift as well as between any contact with patients
- Hands to be washed with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds
- Hand sanitizer available as backup
- Staff to check temperature daily
- Tissues and hands free trash cans available for disposal
Start taking care of YOU again!
Call us to schedule an appointment.