No-Mayo Avocado Egg Salad is a healthier version of your traditional egg salad! Instead of using mayonnaise, this recipe calls for creamy avocado and Greek yogurt. Avocados are an excellent source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, which make them a great substitute for the trans or saturated fat in many of our favorite dishes. Monounsaturated fats can help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and reduce the risk of heart disease. This no-mayo avocado egg salad is quick, easy and requires very little preparation. This could be the perfect lunch to bring on the go!
Servings: 6 half cup servings
Calories: 140 kcal
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 7 large hardboiled eggs, chopped
- In a mixing bowl add all ingredients except eggs; mix with a fork to combine well. Fold chopped eggs into avocado mixture.
- Serve on bread for sandwiches, with crackers or pretzels as a snack, or eat plain! Enjoy!