Physical Solutions will be hosting a food drive to benefit Long Island Cares, Inc. and the Harry Chapin Food Bank this month in an effort to help other Long Islanders in need.
If you are willing and able to donate, we will have drop off boxes available in both our Mineola and Bethpage offices from:
Monday, November 9th-Friday, November 20th
Long Island Cares supports over 600 food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, child nutrition programs, and veteran’s service programs in both Nassau and Suffolk counties.
- 316,000 Long Islanders experience domestic hunger and high food insecurity. That’s more than 1 in every 9 people.
- 89,030 of these Long Islanders are children.
- The elderly make up 4% of Long Island’s food insecure population, and are at increased risk for illness, disease, and premature death.
- Long Island Cares distributes nearly 7 million pounds of product annually to Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Top 10 Most Needed Items:
- Canned meat, poultry, and fish
- Low-fat, boxed, non-refrigerated milk
- Canned vegetables
- Tomato Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Jelly, Jam & Spreadable Fruit
- White Rice
- Cooking Oil
All donations are greatly appreciated, but please no glass jars!