New Year’s Eve is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate than by enjoying our favorite appetizers and finger foods with the people we love. There are a variety of dips, skewers, bites and spreads available at parties; however, there are many healthy appetizers that are just as enjoyable without all the calories! These Baked Parmesan Zucchini snacks are a great go-to. The addition of Parmesan cheese and your favorite seasonings make these zucchini treats delicious and flavorful. With a few ingredients and a little preparation, this could be the perfect appetizer to bring to your next holiday celebration!
- 4 zucchinis, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the zucchini onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.